Saturday, August 18, 2007

Tom Waits - Makes you full of bourbon

Thomas Alan Waits was born in Pomona, California, on 7 December 1949.A great poet, sound of lonliness, an old friend for all times., a singer who has drunk lots of whiskies with packs of cigarettes and cigars to have a voice like that. As he release his last album 'Orphans' whish is 3 album in 1, I adore him more. People who love Bukowski also love Tom Waits, actually in my imaginary TomWaits is Bukowski's main character Henry Chinaski.
Tom Waits
"Inside a broken clock, splashing the wine with all the rain dogs
Taxi, we'd rather walk, huddle a doorway with the rain dogs
For I am a rain dog too

Oh, how we danced and we swallowed the night
For it was all ripe for dreaming
Oh, how we danced away all of the lights
We've always been out of our minds
The rum pours strong and thin, beat out the dustman with the rain dogs
Aboard a shipwreck train, give my umbrella to the rain dogs
For I am a rain dog too"

Rain Dogs, 1985



Discography;


1973 Closing Time
1974 The Heart of Saturday Night
1975 Nighthawks at the Diner
1976 Small Change
1977 Foreign Affairs
1978 Blue Valentine
1980 Heartattack and Vine
1982 One from the Heart
1983 Swordfishtrombones
1985 Rain Dogs
1987 Franks Wild Years
1988 Big Time Live CD
1992 Night on Earth Soundtrack, Bone Machine
1993 The Black Rider
1999 Mule Variations
2002 Blood Money , Alice
2004 Real Gone
2006 Orphans: Brawlers, Bawlers & Bastards

Tom Waits - God's Away on Business


http://www.tomwaits.com/

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice blog. I agree, Henri Chinaski is very similar to the public persona of Tom Waits. People who like Buk tend to dig waits. As to his voice, I think waits is embellishing a little for effect. But that's allright. It works.

Unknown said...

just few days ago, I found an album which include tom waits and nick cave songs. I am sure about that you know lots of songs these singers but I feel good my self right now because I don't remember when I listened them last

Anonymous said...

I heard Waits was lip-synching. Evidence here: http://www.ubersite.com/m/112153

T is for Tom Waits.